Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Free cake!

I don't particularly care for Domino's Pizza, and I don't eat chocolate cake very often. However, I may just take Domino's up on their free-cake-in-August offer 'cause A) my birthday is this month and B) I like gettin' free stuff. Check this out:

Domino's celebrates August birthdays with free dessert. Through August 31, anyone with an August birthday can stop by their local Domino's (on their birthday) to receive one free Chocolate Lava Crunch Cake. Proof of date is required with ID such as driver's license or birth certificate.

Now I don't like to get political here on A Man's Gotta Eat, but I just had to comment on this:

U.S. President Obama celebrates his 48th birthday today and anyone around the D.C. area can grab a free slice of Obama’s birthday cake. ...

If you stop by Domino’s locations in Washington D.C. and say "Happy Birthday" to the president, you will get Domino’s latest addition to it’s dessert line, the Chocolate Lava Crunch Cake, for free!


Am I the only one who finds it ironic that Domino's is giving away a sugary dessert to celebrate Obama's birthday when the same Obama, and his colleagues in Congress, have floated the idea of taxing sugary foods to pay for health care, er, health insurance reform?