Monday, May 31, 2010

Me likey!

I think I'm addicted (addicted)
I got an insatiable need
I think I'm addicted (addicted)
Finally it happened to me


-- The Juliana Hatfield Three

I've never been a big fan of Ramen noodles. Every time I've ever eaten 'em, I've burped 'em for about three hours afterward (and it ain't been "good" burps, if you know what I mean).

I recently ran across a new item in the Kosher section of my favorite Publix supermarket which -- even though I could tell from the packaging was Ramen noodle-like, if you will -- I couldn't help but purchase: Tradition instant mac-'n'-cheese in a cup.



If you're a regular AMGE reader, you know that I do love me some mac-'n'-cheese. I love makin' it, and I especially love eatin' it. That's why "instant" mac-'n'-cheese intrigued me so.

I wasn't expecting much from a $1.10 cup of instant mac-'n'-cheese ... but, boy howdy, what a cup it was. Indeed, the incredible cheese flavor of said cup made me forget that I was eating those little loopy Ramen-style noodles; and I found myself literally scraping every bit of cheese sauce from each and every corner (!) of my mac-'n'-cheese cup.


Over the course of the past 14 days, I've had me 7 of these instant cups o' mac-'n'-cheese (and I went to Connecticut for four days during which I didn't "imbibe").

See what I mean about being addicted ...?!

No comments: