Sunday, February 07, 2010

"This needs something"


When I have a hankering for chili, I usually make it from scratch. I had a coupon for a Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili Kit, so I decided to give it a shot. From now on, I think I'll stick with makin' chili from scratch.

My bowl o' Carroll Shelby's chili wasn't bad -- it certainly made a pretty picture:


But the entire time I was eating it, I kept saying to myself, "This needs something." In fact, it needed a lot of something. It might be the blandest chili I've ever had ... and I've had some bland bowls of chili in my day.

If you do decide to buy a Carroll Shelby's chili kit, I suggest you pick up some extra chili powder and cumin to add to it. You might want to pick up some fresh garlic and some jalapeño peppers (for extra heat) as well. Hell, if you're going to go through all that trouble, you might as well make your next pot of chili from scratch.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: don't waste your money - coupon or no coupon - on a Carroll Shelby's chili kit.

So there.

3 comments:

Mister Jimmy said...

If you had to use a mix which kind do you think makes the best?

Joltin' Django said...

The best chili mix, in my humble opinion, is:

http://www.amazon.com/Skytime-Inc-Pack-Cincinnati-Chili/dp/B000LEQ0QS

Brian Stanley said...

I can't do the Cincinnati chili.