Monday, August 30, 2010

Adventures in the Nutmeg State (part one)



Remember the Seinfeld episode in which Drake's Coffee Cakes were mentioned several times? No? Perhaps this'll jog your memory ...

JERRY: Gina, do you know what a Drake’s Coffee Cake is?
GINA: Of course, the plane cake with the sweet brown crumbs on the top. ... I haven’t had one of those since I was a little girl.
JERRY: Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. I want you out of here!


My job requires that I have to fly up to Connecticut a couple o' times a year. Each time I go, I bring back boxes of Drake's Coffee Cakes for friends and co-workers who, more or less, say that I'll be sorry if'n I don't return with the things.

I can't blame my bring-back-Drake's-or-else friends for threatening me so. If you've never had one, here's why they're so good: moist cake with lots of crumbly cinnamon on top ... they're so damn tasty, you can't eat just one.

Ask nicely and I just might give you one from my stash.

No comments: